Friday, November 26, 2010

Christmas Decorating Is The Pinacle Of Evil

Black Friday is not black friday for me.  For me, it's the day to sleep in till eleven, then decorate for Christmas.

Ah, Christmas.  The pinacle of winter for most children.... Unless you do Hanuka, of course.... but anyway.  Today I woke up at ten thirty because the rest of my family had gone out at four in the morning (Which is INSANE, by the way) to go Christmas shopping.  They were back by seven thirty. 

So my mom came over (I live with my grampa.  Pathetic, no?)  and I came downstairs to my little brother wrapping the last present, the biggest one he "Got"  ....Mine.  Of course I'd already figured out that all he did was take my legos, put them in a box and wrap them up (I'd talked before of how much I wanted Legos)... It sort of made me angry.

I'm not a materialistic person.  It just pisses me off that my brother had the nerve to not only NOT buy me a present, but to take what was mine already and attempt to pass it off as an act of good will.  But I guess my knowledge of the upcoming XBox 360 helps to improve the mood.  I'm going to try my hardest to get everyone, including my friends, gifts.... Maybe I'll just take Jeffrey's soccer cleats away and wrap those up, hm?  That seems like a good idea at the moment.

Grampa told us all that if we got him anything he'd take away our presents.  I think he's the opposite of the materialistic guy.

Christmas decorating is a sport in my house.  There are three kids, so three kids means three trees.  We put the gifts under one tree and the other two are for decoration... I've just been informed that I am to do the "Toy tree" this year.  That's the toy-themed one:  The one with toy ornaments, toy garland, toy tinsel, toy everything.  Not quite sure yet where in the house it's going to be put.

The trees fall under three categories every year:  Toy tree, white tree, and Christmas tree.  The toy tree is mine, the White tree is Lisa's (Jeff and I always hate the white tree) and the Christmas tree is Jeffrey's.  Figures he gets the extravagent one.  Ten dollars says he throws a fit halfway through and quits.  He does it every freaking year. 

Can't wait till the boxes come down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment